EasyBMPtoAVI Future Plans
Here are the future plans of the project that we plan to address soonest.
- Support for big-endian (e.g., PowerPC) architectures.
- "Safer" operation, e.g., warnings for failure to open files , frames that don't match size, input that exceeds 2GB .
- Support for splitting the avi output into multiple files if the 2GB size limit is reached.
- Support for the AVI 2.0 (OpenDML) standard, for output greater than 2 GB.
- Support for writing other frame bit depths to the output movie.
- win32 and X11 graphical user interfaces (GUI's).
- Non-integral framerates. (e.g., 29.97 FPS)
- Temporal smoothing by interpolation of adjacent frames
- Support filename increments other than 1
- Allow resizing the input frames
- Fix non-matching frame sizes by auto-resizing when possible.
- Sending error messages to a general string buffer to allow for eventual GUIs.